Many homeowners today are looking to update their kitchen cabinets with paint. Before you start a refinishing project, consider the results you’re looking for, the state of the cabinets you’re painting, and the amount of wear and tear they will have to withstand. Then choose the paint that will work best for your project.
Here are three coatings recommended by the product experts at Sherwin-Williams:
Emerald® Urethane Trim Enamel
This premium enamel is the best choice for the most durable results. Four benefits of using this paint:
- Resists wear and tear over time
- Dries quickly for a fast recoat
- Excellent blocking and scratch resistance
Emerald Urethane Trim Enamel is ideal for kitchens and other areas that are frequently cleaned. For best results use with Purdy® Clearcut brushes and Contractor Series® Soft Woven rollers.
ProClassic® Interior Waterbased Acrylic-Alkyd
This advanced hybrid coating offers alkyd performance characteristics with acrylic properties. With this paint, you get:
- Excellent flow, leveling and sag resistance
- Non-yellowing compared to other conventional alkyds
- Great scratch resistance and durability
For best results use with Purdy® XL brushes and Purdy® Ultra Finish rollers.
ProClassic® Waterborne Interior Acrylic Enamel
This paint is a good choice for cabinetry in an area with low traffic, and offers:
- Great adhesion and smooth finish
- Easy cleanup
- A unique wet and dry hide that provides great coverage that can help save valuable time and money
For best results use with Purdy® Nylox Series brushes and Contractor Series® Soft Woven rollers.